Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How beautiful are the feet of our little Avi...

Isaiah 52:7 ESV
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.

Oh how beautiful are the feet of our little AVI!  If you did not see her feet before the castings began in August and before the surgery performed by "a miracle worker" the  photos will not mean quite as much to you - But if you have seen her feet before - to see her feet now just brings a gasp!  We love our surgeon...he is the most amazing and skilled surgeon and he is blessed with the most amazing gift!  He has given Avi her feet...the LORD has used him to give Avi her feet! 

Everyone that has touched AVI's life at the Med Center has been amazingly gentle, kind and compassionate and it never fails...everyone remarks about her amazing curly black hair!  She has the kind of curls that just bounce when you stretch them out!  We no longer have doctors and nurses but friends and those that love our dear Avi!

Avi had club feet!  She had twisted ankles and her toes were curled over one another.  She not only had club feet but she has a diagnosis of  (cerebral palsy/cp) Spastic quadriplegia.  Spastic quadriplegia is the most serious and disabling form of spastic cerebral palsy.

Spastic Quadriplegia is sometimes called spastic tetraplegia, is the version of spastic diplegia that affects all four limbs (arms and legs) rather than just the legs. It is defined by spasticity, rather than the paralysis that defines quadriplegia. As with all forms of spasticity, spastic quadriplegia, while affecting all four limbs more or less equally, can still contain within an individual specific case, parts of the body that are more spastic than others, such as one arm being tighter than another arm, and so forth. Spastic triplegia, meanwhile, involves three limbs (such as one arm and two legs, or one leg and two arms, etc.); spastic hemiplegia affects one or another entire side of the body (left or right); and spastic monoplegia involves a single limb

Cerebral palsy is the name for a condition in which brain damage has disrupted normal muscle functioning. For accuracy of diagnosis and treatment, researchers have divided the condition into nine different forms; some individuals with CP have a mixture of the forms. The three forms of spastic CP, spastic diplegia, spastic hemiplegia, and spastic quadriplegia, are the most common. Spastic quadriplegia is the most serious and disabling form of spastic cerebral palsy.

Spastic quadriplegia affects the entire body. Spastic refers to the muscle stiffness which accompanies the condition. Quadri—comes from the Latin for four; it means that all four quadrants of the body are affected by spastic quadriplegia. Plegia comes from the Greek term for a form of paralysis.

We never realized that casting of a child with club feet and also cp could be very difficult.  We had not realized that it could be harder to correct her feet due to the cp and actually not be a method that proves satisfactory! AVI has blown everyone away with her success so far - hmmm actually it is the LORD that has blown everyone away with the healing of AVI's feet!

She no longer has club feet.  HER feet are beautiful!  They are straight!  She has normal toes - 5 on each foot! She has normal ankle bones!  HER FEET are beautiful!!!

We are so thankful to her surgeon and everyone working with him!  May the LORD continue to bless them with their amazing gifts and talents to give more little girls and boys beautiful feet and the ability to walk!

So just to encourage you...If someone tells you something is impossible!  Don't believe them!  God can do anything HE wants to!  Avi was left to lay in a crib - she was considered of no value! She was deemed worthless! She was looked at with disdain by many - "what caused her feet to be twisted"  - what caused her to be so broken?" 

We look at her as this beautiful miracle unfolding before our eyes.  We are blessed to hold this precious child that loves to cuddle and be loved!  We are blessed to watch her laugh and giggle.  We cried tears of joy when the casts came off and we saw her beautiful feet!  This daughter of the KING has feet that have been healed by the KING!  He may have used human people - an amazing surgeon to use his skills to heal her feet...But it is the LORD that receives the glory and the honor!

WE dream that one day all our little dark haired girls will walk on stage holding hands with their older sister behind them and they will all tell the marvelous testimony of how the LORD has healed them and redeemed their lives!  We dream that their story will bless millions of people that need to hear the Gospel message and that many will come to know our Risen LORD and Savior Jesus Christ because of the miracles of their lives!  May the LORD be glorified this Christmas season and may the LORD bring our little ANGELINA home quickly to her sisters!

P.s.  AVI is not enjoying the ponseti boots that now have to be worn for the next 3 months!  Can't say I blame her...2 brace like boots with a metal bar between them.  Can you imagine having to sleep like that and then wear them all day!  YUCK!
She is a real trooper and eventually just resigns herself to this is the way it is and her joyful and giggling personality returns...with her smile that looks like she has no front teeth...actually she has beautiful teeth...you just can't see them when she smiles...we call her the little grandpa!










Can you imagine that anyone would think that I am not of value!  Huh...they better think again!  I have a lot to say and to tell you all!  I have quite a personality!  I love life!  I love to eat real food and I LOVE sweet foods!  YES I have gained quite a sweet tooth since I have encountered food!  I cry if I don't get my butterscotch pudding!  YES butterscotch...I have quite exquisite taste already you see!  I like to be held and I cry if you don't hold me when I want to be held!  I am so happy now that my feeding tube no longer is annoying my belly - its gone - no longer in my belly - at one time I had a urinary catheter for a feeding tube - was that ever painful!

I am of great value!  I am a life that was created by God!  I am now cherished and loved...if I have touched your heart...pray about how you too can help a child like me!  There are so many more like me that need help!  Be a voice for those with no voice!  I will be back with more to tell in days to come because I have a lot on my mind to share!  Stop back later and maybe one of my sisters will have something to share!  My mom tells me that my big sister who likes to tickle and snuggle me...she calls me her snuggle buddy...mom tells me that Sasha is a gifted writer so maybe one day she will tell some of her stories and thoughts! 

Oh and check out my sister Ellianna's latest "stuff" on www.artfororphansbyellianna.blogspot.com


Merry Christmas to all - hurry home sister LINA and remember it is all because of JESUS!  with love from - Avi Carpenter!

No comments:

Post a Comment